HI!

One of the things many people struggle with is self-confidence. I have struggled with it, too. But I've found something: If I can remind myself regularly that I am special, and that I have talents, then I feel better about myself.
That is why I made this blog. I want people to be able to feel confident about themselves, and I want a place for my reminders to be.

(If you have any quotes, stories, or songs that help you feel loved, or important, please email them to me at waltzingmat@gmail.com)

Thursday, January 22, 2015

"And I... I am a Son of God"

... I came to the conclusion at that time that I should seek additional education and apply for a scholarship from an American university. If I were selected, I would have to leave my job, sell everything we had, and come to live in the United States as a scholarship student for two years.
Tests such as the TOEFL and GMAT became the first challenges to be overcome. It took three long years of preparation, many “nos,” and some “maybes” before I was accepted at a university. I still remember the telephone call I received at the end of the third year from the person responsible for scholarships.
He said, “Carlos, I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is that you are among the three finalists this year.” There was only one opening at that time. “The bad news is that one of the other candidates is the son of someone important, the other is the son of someone else important, and then there is you.”
I quickly responded, “And I … I am a son of God.”

1 comment: